Friday, September 6, 2013

1. Thank you Mr Wood's as like you have have been to Niagara Falls many times
and yes it is an awesome place to go
I lived in Toronto for three years and have been to the falls about 20 times..

2. I would also pack at least one warm outfit because our weather can change from one day to the next... right now we are having awful heat and humidity but tomorrow it could be pretty cool and raining. A little rain poncho if you have one is a smart thing to carry, the mist at the Falls (if blowing towards the road) will be like walking in rain.

3. Dear Mr Wood - do u know what street i can put into my gps to locate me right where you enter Niagara Falls Ontario Canada. or any where street that can lead to Niagara falls "the actual falls"? this would help my family out in soo many ways .

4. First I love to see the falls and the City itself, I am so impress with that City so clean. Thanks for corresponding. You are so neat.

5. Never been to Ontario yet but yes I've seen Facebook pages about northern Ontario, it is wonderful, how I wish to stay in a log house in one of my vacations then, we are planning to come next year. my sister told to come in Fall.

6. What part of Ontario will you be in? It is a huge province. The north is very remote and many places you cannot reach via road, some you must either go by boat or be flown in by bush plane. Then there is the areas just a few hours north of the southern (well populated) part of the province and they still have the wilderness but are more accessible. Once you reach Southern Ontario, it is well populated and Niagara Falls is there, right on the border with the U.S.

7. In the winter we have the Festival of Lights which is quite nice but dress very warmly since the temperatures are always colder near the river and you have the constant mist.

8. Well as an Ontario resident I'm happy to hear that. lol What is it about Ontario you particularly like? I will tell you that Northern Ontario is the dream of most residents... cottage country! If you enjoy the wilderness and camping, you must check out Algonquin Park in Northern Ontario... It is a HUGE provincial park containing a LOT of wildlife.... bears, wolves, world class fishing, etc. To reach the most pristine interior you must portage by canoe or you can stay on the outer portion too.

9. The view from the Goat Island area on the American side is nice but overall the American side does not give the best views and it does't have the scenic parkway that the Canadian side does. However, cheap shopping is aplenty if you get out of the tourist district. ;) I'm a local and spend a lot of time on both sides of the border.

10.I'm a Niagara resident and go often on the U.S. side so I'll tell you.... They have improved it a lot over the years but it doesn't really compare to the Canadian side still. If you come, be sure to take a drive down the river in both directions... the parkway is very scenic on the Canadian side. Winston Churchill called it "the prettiest Sunday drive in the world." Unfortunately on the American side it is highway and industry along the parkway except for just some touristy places at Falls.

11.
Dear Mr Wood - thank you for uploading this video, your camera-work is very good. It brings back fond memories, I visited the Falls many years ago and hope to do so some day again.
Many thanks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment